Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016 Newsletter

Dear Parents,

The year flew by so quickly!  I can't believe it has come to an end!  The year has been filled with wonderful and memorable experiences for both the children and me.  My eighth year of teaching has proven to be a very special one thanks to all your support and all your children.  I enjoyed getting to know each student and watching them all grow and learn throughout the year.  They were all so enjoyable to work with and it is amazing to see how far they have come.

I would like to thank you all for your cooperation and support throughout the year.  I couldn't do this program without the help of our parent volunteers who I thank wholeheartedly.  I thank you for your help in the classroom (especially with the messy art projects), for chaperoning our field trips, for helping with our celebrations, for coming to our Kindergarten Museum, and for everything you did behind the scenes to make this year wonderful.  Learning is a collaborative experience and fostered through teamwork…teamwork between the teachers, children, and parents.  So thank you for being part of our team!

Just a reminder to continue reading to your child and have your child read to you.  It is so important that books remain a big part of their lives.  I would like to recommend a website that will be useful to you and your children while looking for summer literacy activities.  The site address is:  http://www.readwritethink.org/beyondtheclassroom/summer/

I’d like to wish all of you, parents and children alike, the best of everything in the coming years.  I hope that exploration and learning will always be intriguing to you and your children.

Have a safe and happy summer!

Melanie Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment